[Tutor] How to compile _tkinter in Fedora Core 4

John Hsu john.hsu at clear.net.nz
Tue Apr 25 07:11:32 CEST 2006

Hi

I'd very much appreciate your help if you can advise me how to compile
_tkinter in Fedora 4. I installed Fedora core 4 in my machine recently,
but struggled to get Tk working for me.

The Tcl/Tk is working O.K. because I can run demo programs from
/usr/share/tk8.4/demos. The error is caused by missing _tkinter library,
and clearly there is no Tkinter module to be imported.

I managed to download and recompile a  new version of  Python (2.4.3),
then run "make test".  The error message says:

test_tcl
test_tcl skipped -- No module named _tkinter
1 skip unexpected on linux2:
    test_tcl

John Hsu