[Tutor] How Big Is Too Big?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Apr 29 13:40:00 CEST 2006

John Connors wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Just wondering how many lines of code is the maximum to post in the list to
> have it critiqued. I realise people are using their own time to help others
> in here for no real personal gain and I would hate to impose on their
> goodwill. Would about 100 lines of code be considered too much?

Try it and see :-)

For me I think the quality of review tends to go down as the quantity of
code goes up. For short pieces I might look the whole thing over
carefully. Longer ones I tend to skim or, sometimes, ignore the whole
thing. It depends on my mood, time available, whether the code looks
interesting...

It also helps if you have a specific question to focus my attention.

Kent