[Tutor] When am I ever going to use this?

Marc Poulin marc_a_poulin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 05:58:40 CEST 2006

--- Christopher Spears <cspears2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been working through a tutorial:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/index.htm.
> Lately, I have been learning about abstract data
> types
> (linked lists, stacks, queues, trees, etc.).  While
> do enjoy the challenge of creating these objects, I
> am
> not sure what they are used for.

You probably use a linked list every day and don't
even know it.

Do you ever hit the "Back" button on your web browser
to return to previous pages? The browser keeps a list
of the pages you've visited, all linked together, so
you can move backwards and forwards through the list.

Here is a great resource for learning about different
kinds of data structures:

http://www.nist.gov/dads

Regards,
Marc