[Tutor] Python for basic web-testing

Jordan Greenberg jordangreenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 01:45:18 CEST 2006

Hans Dushanthakumar wrote:
> Hi,
>    How do I use python for basic web-tasks like inputting data or
> clicking buttons on web-pages. For eg, how do I enter my username and
> password and click on the "OK" button on the yahoo mail page?
> I had a look at the webbrowser module documentation
> (http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-webbrowser.html), but it
> doesnt seem to support clicking buttons or sending data.
> Thanks,
> Hans

Hi Hans,
	I'm sure its possible, though i haven't a clue how you'd go about doing
it. If its just for testing and you don't need it integrated with
python, you might want to check out Greasemonkey
(http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/) or Chickenfoot
(http://groups.csail.mit.edu/uid/chickenfoot/) which make those kinds of
tasks absurdly easy.