[Tutor] help regarding forms... (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 7 20:19:06 CEST 2006

> can you explain post methods and actions i wasnt able to find out how it
> works

Hi Anil,

Please do not email me directly.  I don't have much time these days to
help on Tutor.  It is better to send replies back to the Tutor list, so
that others there can continue helping you.  Also, apologies for my
slightly curt tone; I'm getting much busier these days, and I simply don't
have the time for in-depth replies.

Have you looked at:

     http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/forms.html

GET and POST are particular ways that web browsers send data to the web
server.  They differ in the particulars in how they send that data, but
conceptually, they do the same sort of thing in sending a "request" off to
the server.

There is already a module in Python to handle some of the ugly details of
the CGI protocol; from the point of the CGI program, you shouldn't have to
worry about POST or GET unless you really want to be concerned about it.
See the 'cgi' module for some details:

     http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-cgi.html