[Tutor] Exercise in writing a python function

Kermit Rose kermit at polaris.net
Wed Aug 9 16:13:20 CEST 2006

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:04:27 +1200
From: "John Fouhy" <john at fouhy.net>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Exercise in writing a python function.

Hi Kermit,

Your basic data structure is a list (actually, several related lists),
which you work your way through.  So I would start off with a for
loop:

    for k in range(len(mult)):

Then, in the body of the loop, your basic logic is:

    Add 1 to mult[k].
    If mult[k] is not too big, exit.
    Otherwise, ...

Hmm, actually, I'm not sure I do understand.  Does mpylist ever
change?  How is mult related to zlim?

--
John.

*****

Thank you.

I confused things by my mistake in the specifications.

The criterion for exiting the outer loop is that

mpylist[0][1] * mult[0] + mpylist[1][1] * mult[1] + mpylist[2][1] * mult[2]
+ . . .

be > zlim.