[Tutor] Python on network problems

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 09:56:36 CEST 2006

Diana,

It is almost certainly not a Python problem but related to how
you have the network set up. As Luke was trying to point out,
we  mifght be able to help out but your description of the
network setup wasn't clear.

We need more precise information about things like:
what OS you are using?
Are you using Domains/NIS/NDS etc?
Do you have shared drives, VNC, windows terminal server?
How do you define a 'lab'?
What do you mean by python being 'active'?
And what exactly happens when a failure occurs?

None of these things are standardised in anmy way.

Alan G