[Tutor] getting and storing favicon.ico

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 11:04:06 CEST 2006

Anil,

Can you please ask more useful questions?
You have already been pointed to the url which describes
how to ask good questions. Please read it!

> /favicon.ico
>
> i want to get the favicon.ico from the URL when a blog is added to
> the aggregator

I have no idea what this means.

> and then display the image,
> this is the usage scenario

Display the image where? On the blog? On a client GUI?
In a browser?

Don't make us guess, we cannot see your code, we cannot
see your system. We only have a vague idea of what you are
trying to do based on these fragmentary postings. We try to
help but you are making it nearly impossible to give any
sensible guidance.

What code have you tried to read this icon file?

> Please let me know how to do this in python
>
> i m willing to use os.spawnv() and call convert if need be

I have no idea why you think either would be necessaary.

Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site