[Tutor] Low level socket and threading code in python in HUGE websites -

anil maran anilmrn at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 11:48:46 CEST 2006

What kind of low-level socket and threading code is necessary for a db
  intensive site such as yahoo. How do we use it from python? does
  anyone  have experience using it

 >From moving to python by the founders of reddit

Because of the low-level socket and threading code we had to write,
 reddit would not run on my Mac, and I was always tethered to our
 FreeBSD development server. Not being able to program offline is a
I would imagine that they aren't just using a database.
 most of the "low level socket stuff" I've seen is about setting
 timeouts and doing Async IO.

Do you Yahoo!?