[Tutor] banners

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 18 01:28:00 CEST 2006

> I'm not so sure Danny, figuring out how to draw the letters in the
> banner is not obvious after having read a hello-world program example.
> There are some tricky-ish aspects to this one.

Hi Alan,

It's simpler than that: the homework states that the message is hardcoded
to show either josip's name or nickname.  If the homework had asked to
more generally print a banner of a arbitrary message, that would be
harder, but his homework assignment is much easier because of the
hardcoded nature of it.

If I were to write this, my banner.py would be required to display:

on the screen.

So the parameterization is based on the person who is writing it.  It's
very much a program in the same difficulty level as "Hello World", which
is why I'm trying very hard not to say more about it.