[Tutor] All of Kermit's E-Mails

Kermit Rose kermit at polaris.net
Sun Aug 20 02:42:07 CEST 2006

Brian van den Broek wrote:

> Kermit Rose said unto the world upon 17/08/06 02:38 PM:
>
>> Now if I can only get Thunderbird to quit treating the up and down
>> arrow as a page up or page down,
>> whenever it's at the top line or bottom line of what it thinks is a
>> page.
>

> Hi Kermit,
>
> I'm glad you've given Thunderbird a try and that you seem to have
> taken all of the advice in the right spirit.

Thank you.   I'm revising the factor34 module now, and will let you all
know when I'm ready for you to look at it again.

> I'm not sure what you mean by a `page' in the context of email. Could
> you describe the exhibited and expected behaviour in a bit more detail?
>
> For now, have you tried clicking in the message body and then using
> the arrows? (That's all I've got.)

It's when I click in the message body and use the arrows that
ThunderBird annoys me.

I use the up arrow to move up one line, and sometimes, it jumps up
approximately 15 lines instead.

Or I use the down arrow to move down one line, and sometimes it jumps
down  approximately15 lines instead.

I'm getting around the problem by either using the mouse cursor on the
scroll bar,

or using the mouse cursor to click on the line where I want the type
cursor to be.