[Tutor] self-modification

Zsiros Levente zslevi at sch.bme.hu
Mon Aug 21 16:04:19 CEST 2006

I'm a newbie to Python. I wanted to write a graphical interface which
would show the built-in documentation (I mean dir() and __doc__ ) of
Python. The code shows how far I got before realizing that I had to use
some self-modification feature (converting a string to a function or to
an object; i'm not sure you would call it self-modification in an
interpreted language).

I was googling around, and searching in the maillist archives and found
this:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2004-October/032388.html
Unanswered for two years. Not too promising :)

P.S.: I'm new to this mailing list, so I don't know whether it is
allowed to send code as attachment. (I didn't found anything about your
policy in the subscription site. )  If not, I'm sorry.