[Tutor] Limiting Characters

Marcus Dean Adams marcusdean.adams at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 19:19:54 CEST 2006

I’m fairly new to python, I’ve been dabbling in it for school and I have a
question.  I’ve written a few programs using graphical windows with input
boxes such as a stopwatch, temperature converter, etc.  I’ve always found a
gui much prettier than command line.  Anyway, I have limited the size of the
input boxes to the number of digits I wanted, but you can still put more
digits than that in the box.  For example, the temperature converter input
box is only 3 digits wide, however I can enter a 20 digit number if I want,
it just only shows 3 digits at a time.  How can I actually limit the number
of characters a user can enter, and not just the size of the input box?