[Tutor] re syntax

Tiago Saboga tiagosaboga at terra.com.br
Mon Aug 28 20:29:52 CEST 2006

Em Segunda 28 Agosto 2006 11:12, Kent Johnson escreveu:
> Ahem. Which part of "Whitespace within the pattern is ignored" do you
> not understand? :-)

It's easy ;-) It's the "whitespace" part. I read it as the space character,
not as any blank character. I should have noted that new lines are ignored
too, but I didn't.

(I just looked a little around in my system and it seems like it's not just my
own opinion, the ascii(7), regex(7) and wctype(3) man pages talk about spaces
and blank characters, and the latter means what is meant by "whitespace" in
python docs).

Anyway, you (and Michael, who replied off-list) made it really clear.

Thanks,

Tiago.