[Tutor] omnicomplete vim python

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Wed Aug 30 22:36:19 CEST 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Alan Gauld wrote:

> But does anyone actually use this feature?

I have, in Visual Basic.  Its advantage to me wasn't so much that it saved
me from typing, but saved me from typing the the incorrect thing, ii.e.,
if I's been using a variable name "fluid_boiling_pt" I won't, later in the
program, type "fluid_boiling_point."

I realize that, if I was coding in nice small modules, like I should, I
wouldn't have this problem, because the whole code unit would fit on the
screen; but this was for a particular course where the fact that I knew
enough about programming to have opinions like this was best kept hidden!