[Tutor] Securing a Computer...

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 23:17:31 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, mjrmonkeyman at aol.com <mjrmonkeyman at aol.com> wrote:

> I just got into high school, and the network and all the computers aren't
> secure at all...I'm trying to make a program that password protects the
> computer after an inactivity time, but there are some specific things I
> can't find how I'm supposed to do it.

Windoze has this feature built in.  It's called 'locking' the computer.
Look into it.

1. Freeze/unfreeze Windows processes OR start/end Windows processes
> (Preferrably the first)

the user may need oto be on an administrative account for you to be able to
end processes.
At a school that's unlikely.

2. Turn off/restart the computer

Again this is implemented by the 'lock' feature in Windows.

3. I can probably find this somewhere else, but I surprisingly haven't: Make
> a timer that resets when the mouse     moves or a key is pressed (That still
> resets when the window is minimized, inactive, etc.)

You could make a Pygame program that does a grab_all, or tkinter for that
matter.
this probably won't work though.
I won't go into detail.
-Luke