[Tutor] Q: win32 download (attack of the newbies)

Toon Pieton pytutmail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 16:06:03 CET 2006

Hey, friendly person who took the time to read this!

I'm cutting right to the case. Trying to get certain information into Excel.
However, I can't:

from win32com.client import Dispatch

xlApp = Dispatch("Excel.Application")
# continues

As soon as I start the program, I get a error: win32com.client not found.
This - of course - leads to the conclusion that I don't have the win32com
module installed. I tried to find it (Google), but all I could find when
searching for "python win32 module (download)", I can only find the normal
python install. I'm running Win XP Pro, and have Python ver 2.5.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW: I really need to get that information into Excel. This program is for
some beginner computer users, and all they really know is Word and Excel.

Thanks in advance!
Toon Pieton.