[Tutor] COM and Python

Jorgen Bodde jorgen.maillist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:38:20 CET 2006

Hi All,

I am investigating how to use Python and COM to provide a unit testing
framework for our low level COM classes. All examples I see cover
something like automation but I think my situation is a bit more
different.

For example, we have a COM class Called "Common" which has IPatient,
IName etc interfaces. I used the COM makepy utility to generate a
module from it, which returned with;

>>> Generating to
E:\Python24\lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py\2DADCD20-D731-11D2-8E13-004095010EB1x0x1x0.py
Building definitions from type library...
Generating...
Importing module

Now I am lost. In Delphi I know I can do;

var
  MyPatient : IPatient;

MyPatient := CoPatient.Create;

Which gives me a coclass instance of IPatient. How do I go about
creating coclasses in Python given this example?

With regards,
- Jorgen