[Tutor] Noobie projects

Tor Hildrum torhildrum at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 10:20:04 CET 2006

On 12/15/06, rumpy at mrbitter.org <rumpy at mrbitter.org> wrote:

> Is there a set of more basic projects for flexing one's novice Python skills?

They key to finding a project is to find something you will enjoy doing.

I used statistics to get to know Python.
The code parsed some text, added some numbers, calculated various
things. Very basic stuff, but it was a nice way to dip into Python while
doing something I had to do.

Other projects I did afterwards mostly consisted of fiddling around
with text. Parsing, building new strings and outputting in a special format.

Not sure if this helps, but that's how I started with Python :)

Tor