[Tutor] wrapping a command line tool

Gonzillaaa gonzillaaa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:24:11 CET 2006

Hello,

I am using a command line tool that allows me to specify a serial
port and either read from or write data to it. I would like to create
a python module that wraps that functionality and allows me to
manipulate the incoming data to present it in a table for instance
(like top works) or maybe store it in a dictionary and drop it into a
database at timed intervals.

I am Python newbie so pointers to capture command line output and how
to format it as a table for instance would be greatly appreciated.

G.