[Tutor] wrapping a command line tool

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Dec 15 22:49:48 CET 2006

Gonzillaaa wrote:
> Tanks for the suggestions Kent, windows compatibility is not much of
> an issue, but dependencies are. the reason why I'm using a command
> line tool written in C is because pyserial depends on JavaComm or
> that seems to be implied on their website, I haven't actually tested.
>
> so I wanted a python wrapper to extend the functionality without much
> more needed. Although for things like db logging I'll have to use
> another module...

I think you may have misread the website, it says, "The files in this
package are 100% pure Python. They depend on non standard but common
packages on Windows (win32all) and Jython (JavaComm). POSIX (Linux, BSD)
uses only modules from the standard Python distribution)." So if you are
using CPython (the regular Python distribution, as opposed to Jython)
and you are not on Windows, you should be all set with just pyserial.

Kent

PS Please reply on the list