[Tutor] Best method for filtering lists in lists...

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 02:21:37 CET 2006

Chris Hengge wrote:
> Yes, we went over that a bit ago, but I wasn't sure if there were any
> different or more appropriate approaches to this when dealing with
> multidimensional lists.

Well, it depends what you term a redundant list.
Like, is
[[1,2,3],[3,2,1]]
a list with 1 unique elements or two?

If it is 1, then just sort all the lists before you check for redundancy.

I don't think there are any algorithms that are specific to lists of
lists, though there may be.
-Luke

P.S. please reply on-list :)