[Tutor] Game server login encryption

Adam Bark adam.jtm30 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 13:56:43 CET 2006

I'm currently writing a networked game and I'm about to write a proper
implementation of the logon server. I would prefer to have some sort of
encryption but would like some opinions. The way I see it either I can take
a hash of some data eg. username, password, port and ip and check the hash
against one generated on the server. Alternatively I could use twisted conch
tunneling through ssh. I anybody has any opinions on either of these ideas
or anything else that might be useful, fire away.
Cheers,
Adam.