[Tutor] XML-RPC data transfers.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 28 11:13:03 CET 2006

"Chris Hengge" <pyro9219 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c25107380612280114j107e3154j5ae7ee85f3cf6210 at mail.gmail.com...
> I'm trying to figure out how to send data using XML-RPC. Currently
> my target
> is to send a PIL imagegrab.grab() from one side of the connection to
> the
> other.

Any particular reason to use RPC here?
This will likely be a slow process and not really what I expect
to see RPCs being used for. Normally I'd expect to send a url
to the server and it would then fetch the file using ftp or similar.

Tying up an XML-RPC server and blocking the sending side
for a long time(10-30s?) is a risky procedure, especially given the
fragile nature of XML-RPC (compared to traditional techniques,
or even to SOAP)

Just a thought,

Alan G.