[Tutor] distutils and record-rpm not recognized

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 8 21:30:39 CET 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, le dahut wrote:

> I've Python 2.4.1 installed and 'setup.py' doesn't recognize the
> '--record-rpm' option :
> "error: option --record-rpm not recognized"
>
> The patch including this feature is available since a long time so
> what's happening ?

Hi Le Dahut,

You may be better off asking this on comp.lang.python --- I'm not sure
anyone here on Tutor can really help with your question.  I'm assuming
that you're talking about patch 755286?

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=755286&group_id=5470

According to the discussion on this patch, this has not made it into trunk
yet --- it's still an "open" issue.  The early discussion there mentioned
that the quality of the patch wasn't up to standard.

In any case, this is something we at Tutor have no control over.  Bring it
up on comp.lang.python, and maybe you can attract attention to this again.