[Tutor] Need to write a python and call it within a python main program

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 18 20:43:44 CET 2006

> I need to write a function that modifies its 4 imput values,
> a,b,c,d according to the following rules.

[program description cut]

> I also need to find out how to write the main program that calls this
> function repeatedly, testing the output values for the solution to the
> equation.

Hi Kermit,

... this looks like a crazy program, but oh well.  *grin*

So... what do you need help on?

I mean this in all seriousness: you have to tell us what you're having
trouble with, because otherwise, we can't do much.  We want to help you so
that you can write your program, but we don't want to write the program
for you, as this looks way too close to some homework problem (even if it
looks absolutely bizarre to me.)

Do you already have programming experience in another language?  Do you
already know how to write functions?  Do you already know about
conditionals?  Do you know how to test a function?  I really can't
pinpoint what problems you have yet, so you're going to have to tell us
more.

If you don't have programming experience yet, the tutorials at:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

may be helpful to you.

Good luck to you.