[Tutor] How can I make Python Shell see new version of functionsubroutine?

Kermit Rose kermit at polaris.net
Sun Feb 19 23:27:34 CET 2006

From: John Fouhy
Date: 02/19/06 17:14:39
To: Python Tutor
Subject: Re: [Tutor] How can I make Python Shell see new version of
functionsubroutine?

Do you need to use copy and paste?  For instance, say all your
functions are in a file called "factorization.py".  In IDLE, you could
type "import factorization", and then you'll be able to call your
functions by typing things like "factorization.gcd(x, y)".

*****************

>>> import "c:\\math\\factoring\\factor30.py"
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

>>> import "c:\math\factoring\factor30.py"
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

******************

If you change the code, you can reload the module by using the
'reload' builtin function.

Could you explain this more.   I'm not compiling or recompiling the function
subroutine.

Have you tried restarting IDLE? The first thing to do would be to
verify that the problem is what you think it is (as opposed to a bug
in your code, for example).

Yes.  I made a mistake.