[Tutor] simple list question

Ara Kooser ghashsnaga at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:44:23 CET 2006

Hello all,

   First off thank you to all the folks that gave input on a smallpox
percolation model my students were working on last year. They won first
place in the computation division at the science fair and took home the
Intel Programming award. I can post or e-mail the code if anyone wants it.

  This should be simple but I've haven't programmed in python since I
started my new job.

  I am running Python 2.4 on a Windows XP machine (my linux laptop crashed).
Editing is done in Idle.

#
# Test of a room as list
# room.py
#

room = [' ', ' ', ' ', ' ',
           '############',
           '#.................#',
           '#.................#',
           '#.................#',
           '#.................#',
           '#####.######']

print room,

When the program runs my output is this:

Why is that? I thought that adding , after the print command would allow the
format to stay the same. Is there a better way of doing this (I like lists
because I can edit them easily)? Thanks.

Ara

--
Fatti non foste per viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza -
Dante Alighieri