[Tutor] IOError: (0, 'Error')

Bernard Lebel 3dbernard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:22:52 CET 2006

Hello,

I am getting an IOError, and I have a hard time getting information
about its meaning. Here is the full trace stack:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "X:\FARM\PYTHON\DEV\farmclient_2.0_beta03.py", line 1448, in ?
    client.start()

  File "X:\FARM\PYTHON\DEV\farmclient_2.0_beta03.py", line 188, in start
    tGlobalRow = self.__standardQuery( "SELECT Status FROM
TB_CURRENT_JOBS WHERE ID = '%s'" % ( self.globaljobid ), 'SELECT', 1 )

  File "X:\FARM\PYTHON\DEV\farmclient_2.0_beta03.py", line 524, in
__standardQuery
    self.__nodeLog( 'Query result: %s' % (str( tRow )), 4 )

  File "X:\FARM\PYTHON\DEV\farmclient_2.0_beta03.py", line 1342, in __nodeLog
    self.nodelog.close()
IOError: (0, 'Error')

"self.nodelog" is a text file located on the network, that is open in "a+" mode.

Everytime the program has to add a line is added to the file, the file
is open, appended, then closed, in order to be able to read it at any
point in time.
This set of operations can happen several times a second, like 1-10 or
so. In this case, every query to a MySQL database is printed, plus a
few lines about the instance attributes.

I have looked the built-in exception page in the Python docs, but I
could not find the meaning of "0", and, well, 'Error' is not exactly a
very descriptive term.

Anyone has any idea how I can do something with this error?

Thanks
Bernard