[Tutor] IDLE doesn't start in Python 2.4 in windows XP

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 6 20:10:55 CET 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Srinivas Iyyer wrote:

> Hi Danny,
>
> I was following some of your suggestions in making my IDLE work in
> Windows XP laptop.
> (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2005-January/034683.html).

Hi Srinivas,

That suggestion, to change the desktop shortcut, wasn't mine.  *grin*

But look near the bottom of that message for my reply about the
configHandler problems.  What's going on is probably bug 1080387:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1080387&group_id=5470&atid=105470

If you move off your '.idlerc' in your home directory to somewhere else,
IDLE should be able to regenerate its configuration files.