[Tutor] Complete programming newbie requires tutorial.

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 13:31:22 CET 2006

Hi,  all.

I wonder whether you can help.  I've just subscribed to the list, so look
forward to participating.  I have been using GNU/ Linux since about 1999,
but am a complete newbie when it comes to programming.

I bought the O'Reilly "Learning Python" book, but have struggled with it.  I
note that resources on the python.org website, but was wondering whether
anyone on the list could recommend a tutorial.

Ideally the tutorial should be akin to the "Dummies Guide to n" style.  In
an ideal world, I should be able to print it in small chunks (html in
sections, rather than continuous?). Finally, I should add that I am happy to
purchase a book if necessary.

I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks,

Chris.