[Tutor] PAMIE but for linux

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Sun Jan 15 18:33:06 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 00:44 -0200, Ismael Garrido wrote:
> Hi
> Is there anything like PAMIE but for a linux browser? Even better if it
> works in windows and linux. PAMIE lets you control Internet Explorer
> programmatically.
> I've read about PyXPCOM (for mozilla) but I coudn't find any docs or
> reference to using it to alter a document (like, clicking buttons,
> analyzing and rewriting the DOM, etc).
> Also, I've seen a wxMozilla proyect, but it is in early stages of
> development. Does it run any site mozilla runs (IE: handling scripting,
> CSS)? Does it run on linux?
> Thanks
> Ismael

This is not exactly what you want.  There's a web browser for GNOME (the
default web browser as a matter of fact) called Epiphany¹.  Epiphany
have a lot of _extensions_ that expands it's functionality, one of those
is the Python Console² which allow some interaction between Python and

Hope you find it useful.

     1. http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/ (click on "Epiphany
        Extensions" down on the page.)
     2. http://www.adamhooper.com:4242/epiphany-extensions/python-console.xhtml