[Tutor] Complete programming newbie requires tutorial. (Chris Andrew)

Ron Sheely ron.sheely at ironwoodlabs.com
Sun Jan 15 21:41:06 CET 2006

Two things.

First, I've been watching this list for several weeks now. I wanted to
respond to Chris Andrew's question regarding Python tutorials (Complete
programming newbie requires tutorial. (Message-ID:
<307203ff0601140431s26e9e3c0s at mail.gmail.com>Chris Andrew). Did I reply
correctly?

Second, I've found four Python tutorials helpful to new programmers. I
list them in suggested order. BTW, I believe Danny's tutorial is where I
heard about this list.

1) One Day of IDLE Toying, by Danny Yoo
(http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/)

2) Python Org's IDLE Tutorial (http://www.python.org/idle/doc/idlemain.html)

3) A Byte of Python by Swaroop C H
(http://www.ibiblio.org/g2swap/byteofpython/read/)

4) Mark Pilgrim's Python tutorial for experienced programmers
(http://www.diveintopython.org/)