[Tutor] help

james middendorff james2dope at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 03:43:44 CET 2006

I am trying to do some AGI scripting with python and
asterisk, I read the book, Asterisk the Future of
Telephony, which has an example of AGI + python. I
have found that none of the example seems to work. My
question is I have figured out how to play a recorded
message sys.stdout.write('EXEC PLAYBACK name "*#"')
then you do sys.stdout.flush() and you will get your
message played. In the book it shows if you want to
capture something the user inputs you do result =
sys.stdin.readline().strip() but when I add that to my
line I cannot get my message to be played? Am I
totally off on this. All I want it to make a message
play, then capture their input, and put it to use in
the rest of my python script?
Thanks for any help. I hope someone else is playing
with asterisk and python
James

"I would kill everyone in this room
    for a drop of sweet beer."