[Tutor] string object into reference

Pujo Aji ajikoe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:08:20 CET 2006

Hello Kirk,

If I'm not mistaken your idea is referencing two columns: first column is
your acid name and the later is your surface area.
Later you want to connect the surface area if you name the acid name.
If that what you want another question arises... is your acid name is
unique.
If it is you can make dictionary types.

A   csb
B   dsk
C   dsk

you can create
mydic = []
mydic['A'] = 'csb'
mydic['B'] = 'dsk'
mydic['C'] = 'dsk'

you have to transform the file into a list and after that start building the
dictionary variable.

After this dictionary variable is filled. you can get the surface area by
typing the acid name such as:
print mydic['A'] # will result 'csb'

Cheers,
pujo