[Tutor] Design suggestion - is a cookie the answer?

Adam Cripps kabads at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:13:25 CET 2006

On 1/17/06, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> > > you are using GET instead of POST? GET is the default
> > > submission method but POST is nearly always better and
> > > should avoid the problem here. (I think, I haven't tried it!)
> >
> > I believe the python CGI module is submission-method agnostic
>
> Thats true, but to frig it you would need to know how to read
> and interpret html form code and how to manually construct
> a GET url string complete with correct escape characters etc.
>
> It isn't impossible but simply answering the quiz is a lot easier! ;-)
>
> In fact any kid smart enough to do all of that probably deserves
> to marks anyhow, regardless of cheating!

Yes, I agree - I haven't disadvantaged the children who have worked
this out (2 to date). Ingenuity should never be discouraged.

OK - I think I must be using the GET method, as the url is already
constructed for them and they just need to put the cursor in the URL
bar and hit enter to get points each time. Sorry for not being clearer
on this in this first place.

Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to look at this (such is the life
of a teacher). Hopefully, this weekend, I may get the chance to.

Adam

--
http://www.monkeez.org
PGP key: 0x7111B833