[Tutor] Jumble

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 19 02:39:00 CET 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, ryan luna wrote:

> Ok so what i have to do is make it so when a player ask for a hint the
> program display a hint, heres my loop, not whole script.
>
> guess = raw_input("\nYour guess: ")
> guess = guess.lower()
> while (guess != correct) and (guess != ""):
>     print "Sorry, that's not it."
>     print "If you need a hint enter help"
>     if guess == hint:
>
> The problem is its passing up "Hint" altogether

Hi Ryan,

I'm seeing something a little weird here, but it's not what you're
describing.  I'll probe a little more to see if we can figure out what's
going on.

Can you show us what you mean by 'passing up "Hint"'?  Not sure I
understand what you mean yet.

A copy-and-paste of the session you're doing to test the program will be
helpful, as well as some discussion on what you expected to see vs. what
you're actually seeing.

Good luck to you.