[Tutor] mod_python and other web frameworks

Liam Clarke ml.cyresse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:57:51 CET 2006

On 1/26/06, Intercodes <intercodes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Liam,
>
>  I checked the wiki video sometime back. If my memory wont fail me, the guy
> there never used a single line of python code ;) (I may be wrong) It seemed
> a totally new language that he used to create that wiki.
>
> Iam more inclined to code a lot rather than deal with such high abstraction,
> as I would like to improve my programming skills and get good python
> knowledge. I think ill give these two a try once I have some website running
> under something that uses more python code.

I'd say you're referring to the Kid templating.

<head>
<title>${title}</title>

etc.

As the main handlers uses Cherrypy, which is very much Pythonic, and
the object-relational mapper uses SQLObject which is also very
Pythonic. For your reference if needed
http://www.turbogears.org/docs/wiki20/

Anyhoo, your choice in the end, good luck with the deep end approach.

Regards,

Liam Clarke