[Tutor] templates

Mike Hansen mhansen at cso.atmel.com
Fri Jan 27 16:17:41 CET 2006

For some of the web programming I've done in Python, I've used htmltmpl. I had
some experience with it in Perl, and found a Python version.

http://htmltmpl.sourceforge.net/

I like that there's nearly a complete separation between the presentation and
the code. This is great when one person is designing the pages and another is
writing the code to drive those pages. However, that's usually not the case for
me. I'm usually doing both, and I'm thinking there's got to be something
possibly better out there. I'm curious about other templating systems. I
wouldn't be opposed to a little bit of code in the template. I just don't want
to go the other extreme of something like PHP or ASP. i.e. all code in the
template.

What web templating systems do you use and why?

Mike