[Tutor] Life after beginner

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 31 07:54:43 CET 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Pat Martin wrote:

> My question is, what next? Is there some intermediate tutorials or books
> out there that I can start learning some real meat in the language?

Hi Pat,

Maybe you'd like something like:

    http://diveintopython.org/

which is pretty meaty (or, if you're vegetarian... er, maybe... gluteny?)
It goes into using Python to do more substantial things like unit testing
and making web services.

You may also want to look at books that don't focus exclusively on Python.
There are some classics like Code Complete, for example, that show
fundamental and practical programming concepts:

    http://www.cc2e.com/

There are a lot more books out there, but my brain is off right now.
*grin* I'm sure others can suggest other books.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.  Best of wishes!