[Tutor] program-code dilemma

Senthil_OR at Dell.com Senthil_OR at Dell.com
Thu Jul 6 06:11:49 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From:  Damian
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:36 PM
To: tutor at python.org
Subject: [Tutor] program-code dilemma

 Although, from what I've found I been able to get this conclusions.

   Program.-  A sequence of instructions that can be executed by the
computer.

   Code.- Just the instructions of the program.

 The problem is that it seems too complicated for a definition so
important and essential to start learning to program (that without
getting account of what is missing for the completeness of the
definition).

Damian:
	I don't understand how much 'programming' will you learn by
understanding the difference between the terminologies of 'code' and
'program'.
My suggestion will be ignore that, see them as one and the same and
carry forward with learning other things and concepts. I doubt, you will
be confused with any concept which is exaplained using either of the
terminologies.

Frankly speaking, I don't know the difference between 'code' and the
'program'. For me,  its synonymous. I write Code. I do programming.I
program.

Do you get it?

--
Senthil