[Tutor] modbus communication with python?

Jeff Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 23:53:42 CEST 2006

okay, yes thank you! I have seen this, although I looked a the code and it appears that this is actually a modbus server (please correct me if I am wrong, I am really new to modbus and PLC's). We are already using a modbus server (KEPDirect for PLC's, automation direct) and I beleive we are using a Koyo PLC. but I simply want to read and write values stored on the modbus server, I don't actually want to create a new server. I'm not sure that this module is the way to go (although again I might be wrong), what might be my other options and where should I go to learn about this? thanks!

Jeff

Jason Massey <jason.massey at gmail.com> wrote: Googling for modbus python turned up:

https://lintouch.org/repos/lintouch/lsp-modbus/trunk/tests/

 On 7/5/06, Jeff Peery <jeffpeery at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello, I need to talk read write to a modbus so that I can work with a PLC. I have not a clue how this all works. does python have a modbus module or where might I look to find how to do this? thanks.

Jeff

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low   PC-to-Phone call rates.

Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org