[Tutor] Python Programming Books

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 21:45:53 CEST 2006

On 7/14/06, wesley chun <wescpy at gmail.com> wrote:
> while it would be a conflict-of-interest for me to give *my* opinion
> of the book, it appears to be pretty well-received (mostly by
> word-of-mouth) based on comments i've seen so far.  :-)

I don't know about others, but I think it might be of benefit if you
could give an assessment that would include a description of the
weaknesses of the book (e.g. [making this up] "Core Python" is not the
best beginner's book for people primarily interested in making GUI
based applications or games [Dawson's book is better in that
respect.]) as well as its strengths. It might help us in deciding to
point beginners to it (or not) as a potential choice based on their
interests.

[I could be in a minority opinion here.  People like Kent, Alan,
Danny, etc. should probably comment.]
André