[Tutor] IDLE Caching

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 08:51:54 CEST 2006

Bugra Cakir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with IDLE on Windows.
> While I'm executing a python script in IDLE subsequence
you mean subsequent :)
> editing and executions on the file sometimes doesn't reflect the changes.
> For example, i changed the file then save it, execute it, although i
> changed
> the file, IDLE shows the previous version of the file. If I close and
> run the IDLE
> then it correctly shows the execution of the current source file. What
> will be
> the problem ?
this is what (I believe) usually causes this for me:
I make a file called 'temp.py' for example in the directory
'c:/python scripts/'
I open it in IDLE to edit it.
I say 'oops, I meant for the file to be in a different directory
so I save the file as 'temp.py' in the directory
'c:/python scripts/7-24-2006/'
now whenever I save changes it saves to the
'temp.py' that's in 'c:/python scripts/7-24-2006/'
but whenever I execute the code it executes
'temp.py' that's in 'c:/python scripts/'

Have you been moving your files or saving them in different directories?
Otherwise, I don't know what your problem could be.