[Tutor] I am not really convinced using Python...

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Tue Jul 25 17:32:10 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:14:35PM +0200, Rob Sinclar wrote:

> Yep Python is an interpreted language. In other words every python app needs
> the python interpreter to be able to run.

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's anything particular about the
language that says it should be interpreted.

As far as I know, programs built with IronPython don't require Python to
be installed - only the .NET (2.0?) Framework.

http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython

You can also build .exe files for Windows using py2exe.

http://www.py2exe.org/