[Tutor] MySQLdb question.

Ron Phillips RPhillips at engineer.co.summit.oh.us
Fri Jul 28 19:37:43 CEST 2006

I am trying to write a script that adds data to a table using MySQLdb.py.  For some reason, "INSERT" seems to work temporarily. I run a command to insert a row, and then do a select query, and it's there. After the program shuts down, though, it's gone. No rows are permanently created. SELECT works fine from MySQLdb, CREATE TABLE too, but when I add data, it's only there while the script is executing, then it's gone.

I can add data from the MySQL Query Browser, and it's fine.

I googled, but couldn't find anything. I'm running MySQL5, and the latest MySQLdb.py, too. Python 2.4.

I am using animal.py from http://www.kitebird.com/articles/pydbapi.html, but it's been the same thing with other scripts. Is it a setting, or a thinko, or what?

Ron