[Tutor] visualization

Сергій kyxaxa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 11:09:25 CEST 2006

> Probably good to change the name, there is a built in class
> "object" and this could cause confusion...

Ok, I'll do this.

You already import Tkinter so presumabnly you want to use
> that as your GUI? What other kinds of modules do you want?
> You already have a display method in your object so you
> just need to write the code to display something - a small
> image maybe? - on a canvas.

I've used Tkinter because of historical reasons :)
I was trying to do visualization with Tkinter earlier, but I couldn't compel
objects to display themselfs..

You will need to create a module that draws the GUI and
> handles the user events. That module will probably
> import this one (rather than this one importing Tkinter)
> You can then just pass the canvas object to each object
> in your environment and ask it to draw itself...

You might like to separate your objects into model and
> view representations but thats getting into more advanced
> GUI design and probably not needed here.

 Can you advise me some links on examples of realization of this two
different approaches? Some tutorials would really help me :)

And thanks, now I understand what will be my next steps.