[Tutor] XML Parsing Woes.

doug shawhan doug.shawhan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 00:16:28 CEST 2006

Having been dragged kicking and screaming into the fussy, fussy world of
XML, I find myself in a pickle.

I keep getting an error complaining of a missing end-tag:

 : XML Parse error.
<BR>XML Error Text: "; nested exception is:
        org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "Description" must
be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Description>".".

Now of course, I have saved my output and found the end-tag to be there. I
have stripped out everything I can think of that might cause the parser to
puke. The string enclosed by the <Description> tags varies from a few
characters to a couple of thousand: all fail with the same error.

I am very new to XML and find it's jargon fairly impenetrable. Is there a
handy python module that can one can use to scan XML output for errors? I
know the mistake is probably mine ... or perhaps I have actually run on to a
bug in the remote application? :-) (Riiiiight!)

Thanks!