[Tutor] default module

Kermit Rose kermit at polaris.net
Wed Jun 7 13:59:18 CEST 2006

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:59:11 -0400
From: Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] How do I get Dos to recognize python  command?
To: Python Tutor <tutor at python.org>
> Besides, I already have one default module saved, and it would seem
> complicated to have more than one.
I don't know what you mean by this, what is a default module?
Hello Kent.
A while back in time,  I wanted to make a library of subroutines.
Someone showed me how to tell python to declare the file a module.
I don't remember how I did it.
Now whenever I want to make the library available,
in idle,
I type
import factor30
from factor30 import factor00, gcd, ksqrt   #    what ever subroutines I
wish to have local
I assumed that I could have only one library.
 That why I  called it the default module.
Kermit  <  kermit at polaris.net  >