[Tutor] numpy speed problems

Jeff Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 20:06:38 CEST 2006

hello, I am having some trouble with the speed of numpy. I'm crunching some numbers (see the attached script) and in total I have 1,000,000 grid points over which I am integrating. I'm doing a bunch of adding, mulitply, divide, powers, etc, but in total there are 1,000,000 points to do these operations over and it really shouldn't take this long... as far as I know. my last simulation took about 8+ hours.

What might I be doing wrong in my code to cause this to be so slow? big thanks!!

Jeff

http://mail.yahoo.com